REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR!
If you are ready to start your journey as an Apprentice Electrician, please click the Register Now button below. For questions, please contact your Campus Principal. Students registering in the TRIO Electric Apprenticeship Program must be enrolled at Premier High School.
Local Premier High Schools Participating in the TRIO Program:
The hands on portion of the program will be held at Premier High School Austin (Wells Branch) located at 13801 Burnet Road Suite 300, Austin, TX 78727.
WHY CHOOSE A CAREER AS AN ELECTRICIAN?
Texas is sizzling HOT and so is our Electrician Apprenticeship Program!
At Premier High School, students can begin training for a career while earning a high school diploma from our fully-accredited, 100% tuition-free high school! Career and Technical Education provides students with the academic knowledge and technical skills they need to gain entry to high-skill, high-wage, and high-demand industries. CTE provides work-based learning experiences that combine hands-on learning with real-world scenarios so students are prepared to enter the workforce or college after they graduate high school.
By graduation, you should have earned your Level 1 Certificate for Electrician Helper and move immediately into the paid apprenticeship program at TRIO. If you stay at it and work hard, you should be able to complete the apprenticeship and earn your Journeyman Electrician license.
ELECTRICIAN CTE PROGRAM
Premier High School’s TRIO Electric Pre-Apprenticeship Program is designed to combine classroom instruction with work-based learning to prepare you for a high-wage, high-demand career in the electrical field. Due to COVID-19, TRIO has updated the program in order for you to get your hands-on experience on-line.
- Guaranteed Job Placement after Graduation.
- Paid Internship the summer of your Junior year.
- TRIO Electrician Pre-Apprenticeship Program at No Cost to You.
- NCCER Core & NCCER Electrical Level 1 Certification.
- Opportunity to pay your way through college while working.
Premier TRIO Students
TEXAS WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS CAPITAL AREA
Architecture & Construction Cluster
The employment of electricians is projected to grow 10 percent over the next ten years, faster than the average for all occupations. As homes and businesses require more wiring, electricians will be needed to install the necessary components.
Job Outlook & Salary
Median Hourly Wage: $23.76
That comes out to more than $49,429* a year.
In 2016, we had 2,777 Electricians. By 2026, we’ll need 3,235.
* Apprentices receive less pay than fully trained electricians, but their pay increases as they learn to do more.
Certifications & Courses
- OSHA General 10 Hour
- NCCER Core & NCCER Electrical Level 1 Certification
Electrician Apprentice Pathway
- Principles of Construction
- Principles of Architecture
- Electrical Technology 1 (Prerequisite: Algebra 1)
- Electrical Technology 2 (Prerequisite: Electrical Tech 1)
- Construction Technology 1
- Construction Technology 2
- Practicum in Construction Technology (Prerequisite: Electrical Technology 2)
|#girlelectrician||"This is what I was meant to do"|
Hands-on classroom learning.
|Students attending a job site field trip at the Kalahari Resort in Round Rock, TX|